After going in to hibernation following March’s Autumn Festival, and with a surprise extension to the gap between the two meetings, we were thrilled to finally get back to the track this weekend for the 2020 HSRCA Spring Festival. Let’s take a few moments to recount the action and enjoy some photos.
Attendees and COVID-19 procedures
The Spring Festival will comply with all NSW Government COVID-19 regulations as well as Wakefield Park Raceway’s COVID-19 procedures.
- If you feel at all unwell or present even the mildest of symptoms, please stay home
- The 2020 HSRCA Spring Festival will not be open to spectators
- The attendee allowance is one competitor and one support person, allowing a total of two people per car
- A support person is one (only) of a crew, assistant, supporter etc
- If the entrant and driver are different people then this should be noted on the MSA Event Entry and details listed
- Both the competitor and support person must be registered on the Motorsport Australia Event Entry website
- All entrants to the circuit will be checked for registration in order to gain admittance
- There will be a registration and health check (temperature) at the main gate to gain admission
- Document check will be conducted in carport 1 so that it may be done in an open fresh air space
- Current COVID-19 protocols will be followed including hand sanitiser available around the circuit, 1.5-metre social distancing, encouragement for all to regularly wash hands and the like
- There will be no social function on the Saturday afternoon after racing concludes
* If the NSW Government relaxes current COVID-19 regulations, then some event conditions may be altered in line with this.
Documentation for the 2020 Spring Festival is available to download below. Please be aware that these documents may require changes or replacement to reflect the postponement of the event. More information will be available in the coming days.
Wakefield Park Raceway COVID-19 Venue Safety Plan [PDF] As at July 31, 2020
2020 HSRCA Spring Festival Final Garage Allocations [PDF] Finalised October 26, 2020
2020 HSRCA Spring Festival Provisional Entry List [PDF] As at October 26, 2020
MSA Self-Scrutiny Checklist (Race) [PDF] As at October 23, 2020
MSA Self-Scrutiny Statement of Vehicle Compliance [PDF] As at October 23, 2020
Motorsport Australia General Disclaimer [PDF] Inclusive of COVID-19 disclaimer
Friday Private Practice
Private practice will be held on Friday the 30th of October and will be conducted by Wakefield Park Raceway. Competitors can enter on line at the Wakefield Park website here, or at the circuit on the day.
Due to COVID-19, and in line with the Return to Race Policy, scrutineering will be done on a spot check basis throughout the weekend. All competitors will need to report to the Scrutineering area with their MSA Self-Scrutiny forms.
There are two Motorsport Australia forms, one is self-scrutiny and the second is a compliance form for cars in Target Scrutiny. Super Sprint and Regularity only need to fill in the self-scrutiny form and all target cars (race) need to fill in both.
Scrutiny forms can be handed to the scrutineers from 12pm Friday.
Motorsport Australia have released a new disclaimer that includes a COVID-19 declaration. Entrants will have already accepted terms and conditions at time of entry, however many team members will have not yet accepted terms and conditions and so this form is aimed at them.
Camping at the Circuit Not Permitted
Due to ongoing restrictions emerging from the COVID-19 pandemic, camping at Wakefield Park Raceway is not permitted at this time. We are aware that some of you have taken advantage of this in the past and appreciate your understanding.
Unfortunately, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and a strict limit on venue capacity, the 2020 HSRCA Spring Festival will not be open to spectators.
Entry to the circuit will be strictly controlled and allowed only to entrants, drivers and crew, plus officials and circuit staff. Names and contact information for everyone who attends the venue will be required ahead of time. Entry will be by registered name on a list and presentation of ID on entry to the circuit. Not registered, then no entry.
We are disappointed to once again run without the energy and atmosphere brought by our friends in the broader historic motor sport community. However, we are dedicated to running a safe meeting in these challenging circumstances and will take all steps necessary to ensure that we do so. We hope to be able to welcome you to an HSRCA historic race meeting in the near future.
The 2021 HSRCA Spring Festival at Wakefield Park is Coming this August
The 2021 HSRCA Spring Festival will be held at Wakefield Park over the 28th & 29th of August. More information, including entry details, will be available closer to the time.
2021 HSRCA HISTORIC RACE MEETINGS
Autumn Festival – 20 – 21 March, 2021 at Wakefield Park
Sydney Classic – 12 – 13 June, 2021 at Sydney Motorsport Park
Spring Festival – 28 – 29 August at Wakefield Park
Summer Festival – 27 – 28 November at Sydney Motorsport Park
Further regulations for this weekend’s 2020 HSRCA Spring Festival have been published, and are available to download both below and from the ‘Spring Festival’ page of the site. Please download…
The provisional program, entry list, updated garage allocation and more for this weekend’s Spring Festival at Wakefield Park are now available for download.
In just two weeks, over the 30th of October to the 1st of November, we’ll return to the track with the 2020 HSRCA Spring Festival. As we get closer to the red lights going out on our first event, we have some updates to share with you.