The Historic Sports and Racing Car Association of NSW is holding the Wakefield Park Spring Historic Meeting at Wakefield Park over the weekend of the 24th and 25th of September, 2016, and we would be delighted to have you join us!
The event promises plenty of quality track time and the relaxed, social atmosphere which makes historic racing so enjoyable. A quiet room will be available for family and partners.
Entries will be available soon through the usual channels and should be available from early August.
This meeting will run the weekend following the 40th Anniversary Celebration of All-Historic Racing at Wakefield Park, which is restricted to pre-1962 cars and motorcycles. We will of course, cater for JKL and Sa drivers who wish to compete with us and will offer a discounted entry fee to competitors who compete at both events. In addition, Wakefield Park Management has offered free storage of cars for those wishing to compete at both meetings.
Subject to sufficient grid sizes the meeting should comprise:
- Races for 5th category groups from JKL up to and including Group QR cars that are suitable to run with Group MO
- Usual grids for JKL
- Championship or series rounds for several 5th category groups
- Team enduro for a regularity grid
- Give someone else a go, helped by discounting second driver entry in same car
- Possibly a handicap race for drivers over 65 years of age that draws on cars from several CAMS compatible categories
- Commentator’s award for best driving performance (not necessarily the fastest) in each category over the weekend
- Observed licence testing on Friday if sufficient people are interested
- We may invite a compatible non-5th category group if entry numbers necessitate
The HSRCA has engaged Mark Stockwell as race secretary. He will be known to people who competed at the last HRCC meeting at Morgan Park.
Wakefield Park is working to obtain permission for camping at the site from the relevant government authority. They do not expect approval by our meeting date but we will advise you if that becomes available. If you have motorised accommodation with self-contained ablution please contact us.
We’re looking forward to going racing with you! Stay tuned to the site as entry documentation and further information will be made available in the very near future.