Entries are now open for the HSRCA’s 2017 Summer Festival at Sydney Motorsport Park, to be held over the 11th & 12th of November, with private practice offered on the 10th. You are most cordially invited!
Click this link to enter the event via the ARDC Competitor Portal.
Entrants, download event documentation below:
2017 Summer Festival Supplementary Regulations [PDF]
2017 Summer Festival Garage & Carport Application Form [PDF]
We are working in collaboration with the ARDC and will be using the ARDC’s competitor portal to handle entry. The ARDC competitor portal can be found at the following link:
We appreciate your support in using this new system and welcome your feedback on the process.
The increased $50 HSRCA members’ discount for entry to race meetings is available. Take advantage of this discount, as it represents great value, including both generous track time and a magic racing environment.
To apply it to your entry, navigate to the merchandising page of the online entry system. Please check the summary page to ensure it has applied correctly. If not, please contact the ARDC and they can facilitate that for you.
Private practice will be held on Friday the 10th of November and will be run by Sydney Motorsport Park. Simply turn up at the venue and go to Suite 9.
Private practice sign on will commence from 7AM. Please present your licence and proof of current HSRCA membership. The cost for private practice is $150 for HSRCA members and $180 for non-members.
The Summer Festival will see us return to Sydney Motorsport Park, Gardner (GP) circuit, to hold our biggest race meeting of the year. We’re looking forward to exciting competition around the circuit’s interesting and challenging layout.
Entry numbers permitting, the provisional grids are:
- Groups KLM
- Group O and invited M and P
- Groups QR OR, if interest allows:
- Group OPQR and invited M with QR limited to small engine cars AND
- Groups QR for big-engined cars including F5000s
- Group S including the Group S Relay
- Group N
- Formula Ford and Formula Vee
- Super Sprint
Grids will be arranged to accommodate entries into compatible groupings and ensure viable grid sizes and generous track time. Composition of grids may change for some perpetual trophy races.
We are keen to provide races for the big-engined QR cars, and would love to see (and hear) the mighty Formula 5000s on track over the weekend. The two options for the Group QR grid are designed to allow us to do so.
We are continuing our efforts to provide a place for all compatible and appropriate cars to race and welcome enquiries and feedback about opportunities.
The event will see many significant trophies awarded, subject to sufficient numbers in the relevant categories. Some of these are for specific races while others cover the whole year. Please see below for the full list.
We are continuing to grow the super sprint format’s presence at HSRCA meetings, as it has proved successful on several fronts. We enjoyed the participation of some very interesting cars at our September meeting and hope to see the trend continue in November.
We greatly appreciate your involvement in HSRCA events and the greater historic motorsport community. Feedback from competitors and spectators at our Autumn and Spring meetings has been very encouraging and we are keen to provide another brilliant weekend. Thank you for your continued support.
Please pass this invitation on to friends and family who would enjoy a fun weekend out with lovely old cars, and encourage them to get involved.
We look forward to going racing with you once again this November 10 – 12.
With every good wish for a memorable weekend of classic motorsport,
The HSRCA Race Committee
The following trophies will be awarded subject to sufficient numbers in the relevant categories.
- John Leffler Trophy for Formula Ford
- Ian “Pete” Geoghegan Trophy for Group Nb Touring Cars
- Brian Foley Trophy for Group Nc Touring Cars
- John Dawson-Damer Memorial Trophy for Group MO Racing Cars
- RACA trophies for Groups Sa, Sb, Sc Enduro
- Bill Brown Trophy for Group S Driver of the meeting
- Roger Ealand Trophy for Formula Junior Racing Cars
- Frank Gardner Trophy for Group L Sports Cars
- Alec Mildren Trophy for Group L Racing Cars
- Summer Festival Trophy for Group R Racing Cars
- Summer Festival Trophy for Group R Sports Cars
- Ron Tauranac Trophy for Group Q Racing Cars
- Bib Stillwell Trophy for Group Q Sports Cars
- Summer Festival Trophy for Group M Racing Cars
- Frank Matich Trophy for Group M Sports Cars
- Ian Forsyth Trophy for Best Performance in Regularity in 2017
- Peter Finlay Trophy for Performance Most Deserving Encouragement Regularity 2017
- Commentators Award for Impressive Driving Performance