Motorsoprt Australia has extended the expiration dates of certain licence types to compensate for our inability to put them to use during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Motorsport Australia President Andrew Papadopoulos said “We are certainly very keen for motorsport to return, but we are currently in somewhat of a holding pattern as we wait for things to improve,”
“As such, over recent weeks, our administration has been working out the best solution for our licence holders, in consultation with State Councils and clubs, and have determined that those with national and clubman licences will automatically have their licences extended as outlined.”
Head to the Motorsport Australia website here for the full up-to-date details and please keep an eye on the Motorsport Australia website as the situation develops.
As at Friday, the 1st of May 2020, the changes approved by the Motorsport Australia board are as follows:
- All Junior and Speed licences to be subject to a price freeze until 31 December, 2021;
- All National and Clubman licence holders whose licence has
- expired in the period from 1 January to 31 March 2020, and have yet to renew, will be extended to 30 June, 2020
- an upcoming expiry in April, May or June 2020 will have their expiry date extended to 30 September, 2020
- an upcoming expiry in July, August and September 2020 will have their expiry dates extended to 31 December, 2020
- an upcoming expiry in October, November and December 2020 will have their expiry dates extended to 31 March, 2021
- an upcoming expiry in January, February and March 2021 will have their expiry dates extended to 30 June, 2021
If you have any questions, you can call the Motorsport Australia hotline on 1300 883 959 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate Motorsport Australia’s efforts to support its community in this challenging time and look forward to the day that we can safely put our competition licences to good use once again. Until then, we will be monitoring the situation closely and will be in touch with any further developments.