We intend to book a four-hour night event on Thursday 18 February at Sydney Motorsport Park on the North Circuit (to utilise the lights that the ARDC and we taxpayers have installed), and we seek your expression of interest as we need 100 entrants for it to be viable.
This should make an enjoyable start to 2021’s historic motor sport, and may serve as a good shakedown for Phillip Island competitors. We propose:
- Sprint format, so rolling start and no race starts
- Up to 5 categories including one for Road-Registered Cars, the equivalent of “come-and-try” for our family and friends
- 3 to 4 outings for each category, of 5-6 laps each time
- Under a MSA permit – organised by SMP
- Event 6.00 -10.00pm – Unloading from 5.30pm, possibly earlier depending on day event, and maybe onto skid-pan
- This event might not suit F5000, and complicated cars
- Cost under $175 including use of garage/carports
- An incident requiring stoppage will terminate that outing
- Starting order will be based on prior SMP lap times, and usual sprint rules will apply – it is to be a fun night out between race events
If you’re interested, please respond via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should we receive enough interest, we will put the event together and be in touch with entry details and further information in the near future.